I was invited by my friend and fellow writer Diane Dickson to share some information about my current work in progress - "Unspoken". So here goes:
1) What is the working title of your book?
2) Where did the idea come from for your book?
I suppose I was thinking about ‘bucket lists’ and how we all have crazy plans as teenagers and then forget them when we grow up.
3) What genre does your book fall under?
It’s pure unadulterated romance for the older generation – Hen Lit.
4) Which actors would you choose to play in your movie rendition?
I’d like Lydia to be played by Victoria Wood and Des by Colin Farrell.
5) What is the one sentence synopsis of your book?
At fifteen, the whole world lies ahead of you...at forty-four, has it passed you by?
6) Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
I hope I’ll be able to get representation for this one, although I do have a publisher interested in seeing it when it's completed.
7) How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
It’s not finished yet – but it will have taken six months.
8) What other books would you compare this story to?
I suppose the style is a little like “Bridget Jones’ Diary”.
9) Who or what inspired you to write the book?
I was discussing life, the universe and everything with another writer online and suddenly inspiration struck me.
10) What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?
My beta readers tell me it’s a fun read, and the love scenes (or naughty bits as I call them) are proving popular.
If anyone is interested in checking out "Unspoken" you can read some of it here:
http://authonomy.com/books/45954/unspoken/ I'd love to hear your feedback.